Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has released the recruitment notification for GDMO (General Duty Medical Officer) and Senior Medical Officer or Specialist. As per the news, there will be 120 vacancies. Interested candidates can apply for the job through online applications. The online application can be submitted by visiting webapps.bbmpgov.in. The last date for applying for general duty medical officer recruitment is 24th March 2021.
BBMP General Duty Medical Officer Vacancy 2021
|Name of the Posts||General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) and Specialist Doctors in BBMP|
|Recruiting Organization||Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)|
|Total Vacant Posts||120|
|Salary||As per government pay scale norms|
|Experience||As mentioned in the notification|
|Job Notification Date||23rd February 2021|
|Last Date for Applying||24th March 2021|
Qualification for BBMP GDMO Recruitment 2021
For BBMP GDMO recruitment in 2021, the applicant should have the following qualifications.
- For the post of GDMO, having MBBS or equivalent degree is a must. The degree should come from an institution which the Medical Council of India has ratified.
- The candidate should have a postgraduate degree or diploma certificate in the related field from a recognized university in India for a senior medical officer or specialist post.
How to Apply?
BBMP recruits senior medical officers and general duty medical officers for various healthcare departments, including anaesthesia, gynaecology, obstetrics, pediatric healthcare, etc. The selected candidates will be appointed in Bengaluru and other regions of the state of Karnataka. For online registration, one needs to follow the steps discussed below.
- Visit webapps.bbmpgov.in/doctor-apply/Forms/DoctrRecruitment.aspx
- Read the terms and conditions carefully and accept them.
- Check the online application form and fill the form with all necessary information.
- At the time of submitting the online application, you need to pay the fee for application.
- Keep a printed copy of the application for the future references.
The applicant should fill the mandatory fields of the online application correctly. A recent passport size photograph is required to be uploaded. A copy of a digital signature should also be attached to the online application form.
For the senior medical officer job 2021 in Karnataka, the minimum age limit is 26 years. The maximum age limit for the candidates is different for different castes. In the following section, you can find details.
- General: 42 Years
- SC/ST: 47 Years
- 2A, 3A, 3B, 2B: 45 Years
Fee for Online Application
- For general candidates: 1000 INR
- For SC/ST: No fee required.
- For ex-servicemen: 100 INR
- For 2A, 3A, 2B, 3B: 500 INR
The online application fee can be paid through credit and debit cards. Payment via net banking is an alternative option to credit and debit card.
The applicant should remember that the last date for submitting an online application is 24th March 2021. Applications made after the mentioned date will be rejected automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the selected candidates for BBMP GDMO be posted in Bengaluru only?
The selected candidates for specialist medical officer and BBMP GDMO recruitment 2021 will be posted in Bengaluru and other places of Karnataka.
What is the expected salary of a General Duty Medical Officer in Karnataka?
Selected candidates for GDMO and specialist medical officer jobs will receive a salary ranging between 52,000 and 97,000 (approximately).
How to apply for a BBMP GDMO job?
Interested candidates can apply online by visiting the official portal of BBMP. The link to the official portal is https://bbmp.gov.in/. On the portal, you will find all the details of the job notification. If you match the qualification criteria, you can apply for the job by submitting an online application.
What is the educational qualification required for a GDMO job at BBMP?
For applying to the post of General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO), one should have a valid MBBS certificate from an institution that is approved by the Medical Council of India.